Mrs D. Wrigley
Welcome to our school web site. I hope you enjoy looking around and you can see for yourself all the great work that goes on in our school life. Greenbank Primary is a fantastic school and we expect only the best from our children and we will strive to ensure that only the best is good enough.
Our ‘Curriculum’ section above details our school curriculum and will give you an idea about what our children are being taught throughout the academic year. If you are a parent, you may wish to click on the ‘Children’ section above and find your child’s class page with details of what they are currently learning.We aim to provide a learning environment where all children can achieve their highest potential and to foster a climate where all children, regardless of any differences, are treated equally, feel secure and can grown in confidence and self esteem.If you would like any further information about your child’s learning and you wish to contact school, please do so and we will be happy to discuss things with you.
As a school we aim to:
- deliver the curriculum in a confident, positive and structured manner which cater for the individual child. All curriculum areas should be made fun and exciting.
- encourage children to be self-reliant, self-disciplined.
- foster a happy atmosphere in which all children are encouraged to develop responsibility for managing their own behaviour in an appropriate manner to the various situations encountered.
- help children achieve their potential in terms of academic achievement, aesthetic appreciation and spiritual awareness
- provide support for children’s basic needs
- encourage children to trust and respect adults and peers involved in their daily routine regardless of gender, race and creed and be aware of the school’s anti-prejudice statement as an individual within the school and society – “we do not tolerate discrimination on grounds of sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, language, social class, physical or mental difference”
- encourage children to be tolerant and understanding with respect for the rights, views and property of others
- foster an awareness that each member of staff is a valuable cog in the wheel of education; decision making should be a team effort and personal prejudice should not be allowed to override positive decision making
- help children develop a responsible and independent attitude towards work and their roles in society
- involve the school in the community and work as partners with parents and their following school, also to foster the idea that education does not take place solely within the school
- identify strengths and areas of concern and take action accordingly by committing ourselves to on-going training and development
- encourage parents to have a positive interest, to recognise their value as educators, to be involved as much as possible in a way which is supportive to the staff
- encourage all parties to become actively involved in the Local Management of schools thereby fostering better cooperation
- compile and utilise resources in a manner designed to give the best possible all round education to our children
- fulfil national and local education guidelines. We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on.
This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils. We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct (details on ‘Contact Details’ page) with any queries you may have.